[Libreoffice] [Patch] Accelerate Perl installer builder

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jan 27 02:56:59 PST 2011

Hi Jan,

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 02:21 +0100, Jan Darmochwal wrote:
> I found this on the easy hacks page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks
..
> The attached patch makes make_installer.pl save up to 25% time on my
> linux machine.

	Brilliant work :-)

	Incidentally, if changing the format of the scp2 files to make them
easier to parse is sensible, we should do that too - the files all come
from scp2/ (as you can see).

	Also wrt. semantic differences, you can see the setup_osl.ins that much
of the parsing work is done on inside the solver/ If we get a Windows
setup_osl.ins and a Mac one to you, you can be sure that whatever
theoretical problems may occur, that potentially problematic constructs
do not in fact exist in the real world scp2 we execute :-) I whacked an
RC4 Windows setup_osl.inf here:

	http://users.freedesktop.org/~michael/setup_osl.inf

> I'm going to do some more patching on make_installer.pl. Is it okay
> to post my patches on this mailing list?

	Yes - this is the right place !

	Can you confirm your work is under LGPLv3+/MPL please too ?

	Thanks again,

		Michael.