[Libreoffice] [Patch] Accelerate Perl installer builder

Jan Darmochwal jdarmochwal at gmx.de
Thu Jan 27 13:51:17 PST 2011

On 2011-01-27 Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Incidentally, if changing the format of the scp2 files to make them
> easier to parse is sensible, we should do that too - the files all come
> from scp2/ (as you can see).
>
> 	Also wrt. semantic differences, you can see the setup_osl.ins that much
> of the parsing work is done on inside the solver/ If we get a Windows
> setup_osl.ins and a Mac one to you, you can be sure that whatever
> theoretical problems may occur, that potentially problematic constructs
> do not in fact exist in the real world scp2 we execute :-) I whacked an
> RC4 Windows setup_osl.inf here:
>
> 	http://users.freedesktop.org/~michael/setup_osl.inf

Hi Michael!

At the moment I have no idea how the installer actually works. I'm
just profiling it and replacing slow stuff by slightly less slow
stuff. Maybe some time in the future, I might try to do some changes
that require a deeper understanding of how it works.

> 	Can you confirm your work is under LGPLv3+/MPL please too ?

Yes, of course. The patch is released under LGPLv3+.