[Libreoffice] Patches by two persons?

Soeren Moeller soerenmoeller2001 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:57:27 PST 2011

Hi

I have a question on, which approach LibO prefers for patches prepared
by two persons together, the reason being that I do most of my patches
working together with a friend in some "pair programming" like style.
Until now we have committed the patches, by me committing them, but as
it seems we are doing a lot of patches, it would be nice to know what
is the preferred way to do it:
- Should we put both our names in the git patch file (this is easy to do)?
- Should we just use one of our email addresses for the git patch
file, or is it preferably to make a common email address for this
purpose?
- Should just one of us send the patches to the mailing list, or
should we do this from a common email address?
- How do we best indicate that we both but the patch under (LGPLv3+ /
MPL), mentioning it explicitly in the patch mail, or is there some
easier way?

Best regards
Sören Möller