[Libreoffice] Installation instructions for source code release

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 23:06:31 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM, David Dumaresq <dfdumaresq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Francois,
>
> here's where I have gone to get started:
>
>        http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
>
> You'll need to install git to get the source, so don't worry about manually downloading files. Anyway, it's all explained in the link,
>
>                http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
>
> Hope this helps!

Francois, note that this will help you compile the current development
branch, if you want to build 3.3.0.4 -- and exactly that -- yourself,
you need to
draw you inspiration from
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Old_How_to_build.

Building from tar.gz is not well documented, because most people that
build from source, usually have a strong incentive to use git,
and the few that actually use tar.gz are - maybe -  distribution
maintainers, which are pretty familiar with the subject matter to
start with.

Norbert