[Libreoffice] LibreOffice and (La)Tex

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jan 28 01:21:37 PST 2011

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 02:52 +0300, Alexander wrote:
> I want to suggest to add in LO support LaTeX as formulas generator.
> Instead or jointly of Math.
..
> Currently, LO inherited old non-wide used StarOffice syntax for formulas.

	So - it is clear that the LaTeX syntax is well know; however it is also
clear that we cannot import all of TeX into LibreOffice. Could we make
this a problem of data input, and perhaps do some coercion under the
hood into our MathML-like representation ?

	Anyhow - the math engine lives in starmath/ do have a poke in there,
and see what can be done - even a proof of concept to convert the most
simple LaTeX formulae to starmath form (and back) would be fun to see.

	ATB,

		Michael.