[Libreoffice] Kicking off 3rdparty packages

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sat Jan 29 05:00:05 PST 2011

Hi folks,

one of the things which always unnverved me most in OO is the fact
that it ships own copies of dozens of standard 3rd-party packages,
often very outdated and patched-to-death. Obviously this is a
nightmare for package engineering.

I'm currently in process of identifying those and investigating
how we can get rid of them. So far I've found eg. ico, expat,
dmake, openssl, and many more (probably everything in libs-extern
and libs-extern-sys).

We'll still have to go a long way to get that mess cleaned up,
but we should start now.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt at metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666