[Libreoffice] Kicking off 3rdparty packages

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Jan 29 05:44:02 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 02:00:05PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> one of the things which always unnverved me most in OO is the fact
> that it ships own copies of dozens of standard 3rd-party packages,
> often very outdated and patched-to-death. Obviously this is a
> nightmare for package engineering.
>
> We'll still have to go a long way to get that mess cleaned up,
> but we should start now.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm still trying to figure out the autogen.sh stuff and make it use the
correct paths for libraries; one of the errors I got is really freaking
me out:

  checking for mozilla sources... checking for a169ab152209200a7bad29a275cb0333-seamonkey-1.1.14.source.tar.gz... will be fetched
  checking for MOZLIBREQ... no
  configure: error: GTK2 is needed to build mozilla.

configure --help output is also a bit funny:

  --disable-mozilla       LibO usually includes a strangely hacked up mozilla
                          binary for your platform, to build without this
                          version, use this option.

Why would LO need to build it own version of Mozilla/Seamonkey !?
And why such an old version; it must be full of security holes by now...

--
Francois Tigeot