[Libreoffice] MS-Windows : about dictionaries installation

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 04:34:27 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure
<jbf.faure at orange.fr> wrote:
> In my message, the problem is not the size of the installer, it is about
> the number of dictionaries the MS-Win end-user has on his PC. Many of
> these dictionaries being not useful for him.

Is there a severe disk-shortage issue on MS-windows, that make a few
MB of dictionary a problem ?
Considering that a naked w7-pro install is already in the 15-20GB
range I find it hard to believe.

if not then this boils down to:

make the install longer, more complex and bug everybody with
yet-another-panel of questions and maybe save few MB of footprint
or
keep it simple and possibly 'waste' as a little of disk.

I favor the later.

Norbert