[Libreoffice] "Upgrade" packages for windows

Arno Teigseth arnotixe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:17:51 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 22:36 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > To me it looks a bit ugly, but it could be just a question of replacing
> > the binaries/files that differ from last version. I don't know enough
> > about this to say if it's a Good Idea or a Bad Idea (tm)
>
> Inherently unreliable. The only thing you *could* do is to compare the
> generated files and only ship those which did.

It seems to end up with the problem being Windows lacking a system-wide
package management system, and

- no one wants to make such a system just for libreoffice
- it's more work figuring out the problems that probably will arise from
an "upgrade package" than actually just installing the newer version of
openoffice.

These would probably be good reasons to give if anyone asks? #1 answer
also puts the responsibility for building a package management system to
where it belongs: the system owners, Microsoft.

Arno