[Libreoffice] Kicking off 3rdparty packages

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jan 31 05:27:07 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 22:11 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> No, simply state the depencies and let the distros handle the rest.
> For old legacy systems, simply create an own micro-distro.

	Luckily we have a micro-distro now; complete with our own build system,
and method of packaging; it is called the "onebigblob" microdistro - and
it works as badly as can be expected when trying to target all distros.

	So - I appreicate the desire to rip stuff out of LibreOffice - but we
should focus on the low hanging fruit that Caolan identified first.
Francois: I expect you to google Tor Lillqvist, and think a bit more
before typing.

	I fully anticipate that the vast majority of users on Linux will get
their LibreOffice from their distribution with system libraries used
everywhere: which produces a better product; -however- this does not
mean it is worthless having generic builds - particularly since we have
a QA team that is dispersed across many Linux's.

	ATB,

		Michael.