[Libreoffice] building index at Win32 install time ...

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Jan 31 11:37:33 PST 2011

> ie. which piece of existing code do we base this on, and where is it ?

Well, the "sellang" custom action is pretty minimal, and is written in very C-like fashion (as it was I that wrote it, many years ago;). A single entry point: "SelectLanguage" which is called from msiexec when running the installer. (However, sellang is called early in the installation sequence to de-select the presumably-unwanted components, while the indexing custom action should be called pretty late.)

Does the existing indexing code use LibreOffice libraries? In that case it is best to keep it as a separate program which is always installed, and just have the custom action run it as a separate process (after putting the required directories into PATH so that the libraries the indexing program needs will be found).

--tml