[Libreoffice] Should the Thesaurus/mythes use a precomputed index (installer file size)

Steven Butler sebutler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:53:34 PST 2011

On 31 January 2011 23:14, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist at novell.com> wrote:
> (Hmm, was this message intentionally not to the list?)

An accident, list ccd.

>> So after looking at the wiki I wasn't able to find any instructions on
>> how one would go about building the Windows installer.  Are the
>> instructions the same as for other platforms?
>
> Yes and no; if you mean some "make install" or "make dev-install", those don't make sense. (I don't even know what they might do in a Windows LibreOffice build environment.)
>
> Just doing a normal build successfully on Windows, you end up with an (MSI-based) installer. And if you happen to have NSIS on the machine (optional), also a NSIS wrapper of that, a single executable.
>
>> What toolchain needs to be installed?  Is it cygwin, mingw, or MSVC?
>
> Cygwin and MSVC2008 or MSVC2010. The Express editions are supposed to work, I think.

I could use MSVC2008 express which I already have installed.  Would
the build work over an SMB share?  I don't really want to redownload
the whole lot (bandwidth is limited on Australian broadband plans) -
so failing doing it over SMB, would copying my existing git repos over
to the Windows machine allow an attempt at a build without too much
breakage?  There's obviously a lot of linux product already in that
build tree.

> And a bunch of other dependencies, but I think their download should now be nicely automated, at least in master. Not 100% automated in the 3-3 branch. (Note that in the 3-3 branch I  think one should not attempt a Windows build in the "new" way (directly in the directory from the "bootstrap" repo), but just do it the "old" way, in the directory from the "build" repo.)
>
>> Once the toolchain is there, is there a special target for the windows
>> installer?
>
> It gets built in the instsetoo_native module. The actual dmake target name used in its util/makefile.mk is something like openoffice_en-US I think (yes, we should change those "openoffice" strings there to "libreoffice"). The MSI installer (.msi and .cab files, setup.exe, and various small other bits) ends up in wntmsci12.pro/LibreOffice/msi/install/native/en-US or somesuch place.

So do I simply type "make" at the command line under windows?  Hmmm.
seems I already have gnu make in my path on windows from the mingw
Ruby build dev build framework as well.  I wonder if that would work
okay or if I'd need to remove that tool chain from my path to stop
things getting confusing?

Time for work... will hopefully look into this tonight ...

--
Regards,
Steven Butler