[Libreoffice] Should the Thesaurus/mythes use a precomputed index (installer file size)

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Jan 31 13:53:51 PST 2011

> I could use MSVC2008 express which I already have installed.  Would
> the build work over an SMB share?

At least if you used a mapped drive letter it should; don't know if it has been tried with UNC paths. But performance might suck. (But then, the build time is horrible otherwise anyway...)

> so failing doing it over SMB, would copying my existing git repos over
> to the Windows machine allow an attempt at a build without too much
> breakage?

Yeah, or you could even do a new git clone but use the --reference option to make it "piggy-back" on the existing clone on the SMB mount. Then it won't download the whole thing from the remote repo. I don't know if doing that requires having write permission to the reference clone, but perhaps that isn't an issue anyway.

> So do I simply type "make" at the command line under windows?

With the clarification that it is the *Cygwin* command line, yes.

> seems I already have gnu make in my path on windows from the mingw

Nah, that is not usable for this. It must be the Cygwin make that is used for this (and other Cygwin tools, as described in the wiki). (The Cygwin make is as such not used for much in the LO build process, just at the very top level. For the rest LO's own "dmake" is used.) And to avoid any possibility of confusion, make sure your non-related development environment(s) don't show up in any environment variables (PATH, LIBS, etc) in the LO build environment.

--tml