[Libreoffice] over-long extensions manager list ...

Andrea Pescetti pescetti at openoffice.org
Mon Jan 31 17:15:45 PST 2011

Michael Meeks wrote:
> We can certainly fix this; primarily by not packing those dictionaries
> as extensions I suspect.

But not packaging dictionaries as extensions will bring LibreOffice back
to the OOo 2.x times in this respect; it won't allow, for instance, that
the user is easily (even automatically) notified of updates to
dictionaries and that he can install new or updated dictionaries with a
simple double-click. Unless you want to reinvent the wheel of course.

By the way, this leaves me wondering what will happen when I release a
new version of the Italian dictionary (as a new release of the
extension) on http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/dict-it
OpenOffice.org 3.3 will pick it up and prompt to update it; will
LibreOffice 3.3 do the same or the update mechanism is already disabled?
Or maybe the built-in endpoint for updates is configured to check
another site?

Regards,
  Andrea.