[Libreoffice] [GSoC] removing preload library

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jul 1 06:27:11 PDT 2011

Hi there,

	Another nice bit of research:

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 12:41 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> Well, I had a look at preload.
> It's used just in desktop/source/so_comp/socomp.component and that
> component is used just in:

> - desktop for http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/desktop/source/app/app.cxx#1675
>     - maybe CheckInstallation should be now always true?

	We should bin Desktop::CheckOEM() in all call-sites, assuming it always
returns true I think. The CheckInstallation code seems to just warn that
the evaluation product has expired - which seems fairly poisonous - lets
bin that too :-) [git remove checkinstall.cxx too I guess ].

> - desktop, sfx2, similar checkOEM methods
>     - http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/desktop/source/app/app.cxx#CheckOEM
>       - I'm not sure about this one. Whether that should be always
> true or false or not removed.

	It looks like this is all some nastiness to work out if an expired
product is being used at lots of entry points, and if so to break
things. So - we should remove checkOEM there too, also returning true
unconditionally.

>     - the same with
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/sfx2/source/appl/shutdowniconw32.cxx#445

> So, if it's possible to get rid of checkOEM and CheckInstallation
> methods we could remove preload.component and also socomp.component
> and related source files, libraries, ...
> Is it possible? I mean, both should be always true?

	Yes - sounds lovely :-) I think we can bin all of
desktop/source/so_comp/*

	Thanks !

		Michael.