[Libreoffice] syntax error in ./configure

Martijn van Duren martijn987 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 08:52:57 PDT 2011

Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at ...> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 19:58 +0000, Martijn van Duren wrote:
> > > 	Heh - I committed something to autogen.sh that (hopefully) will make
> > > this at least a tad more intuitive (while no doubt breaking a number of
> > > platforms
> ..
> > I'm tinkering around, just to see how far I'm getting at the Haiku platform.
> > Although I have pkg-config installed I get the same error.
>
> 	Ah  what error exactly ?
>
> > On Haiku the pkg.m4 is located at /boot/common/share/aclocal/pkg.m4.
> > Do I need to point to that file from anywhere in the source tree
>
> 	Well, if you run aclocal (as we do in autogen.sh) it should import that
> macro into the local directory, and use it in the configure script - is
> it in your aclocal.m4 file ?
>
> 	Have you tried ./autogen.sh --clean ?
>
> 	ATB,
>
> 		Michael.

Sorry, I thought the error was clear considering the thread I was
responding to.
The error I get is:
checking whether to enable native cups support... no
checking whether we need fontconfig... ./configure: line 7608: syntax
error near unexpected token `FONTCONFIG,'
./configure: line 7608: `   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FONTCONFIG, fontconfig >=
2.2.0)'

When doing ./autogen.sh --clean it removes install-sh and after
replacing it with with either the system's install-sh or reverting the
usual install-sh from the git-tree it returns to the prior error.

To get to the configure-process I added the following to configure.in:
    haiku*)
        build_gstreamer=no
        test_cups=no
        test_fontconfig=no
        test_freetype=no
        test_gtk=no
        test_kde=no
        test_kde4=no
        test_randr=no
        test_unix_quickstarter=no
        _os=Haiku
        ;;
Haiku is recognized by config.guess and I turned every setting I could
find from every other OS off, to test with the most minimal of build.

ps. I use Haiku alpha 3 with haikuports installed from haikuware.com