[Libreoffice] syntax error in ./configure

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:01:26 PDT 2011

Hi Martijn, *,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Martijn van Duren <martijn987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at ...> writes:
>> On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 19:58 +0000, Martijn van Duren wrote:
>> > On Haiku the pkg.m4 is located at /boot/common/share/aclocal/pkg.m4.
>> > Do I need to point to that file from anywhere in the source tree

As apparently this is not the default location for autoconf on your system: Yes.

> checking whether we need fontconfig... ./configure: line 7608: syntax
> error near unexpected token `FONTCONFIG,'
> ./configure: line 7608: `   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FONTCONFIG, fontconfig >=
> 2.2.0)'

PKG_CHECK_MODULES is to be replaced by the pkg.m4, so it was not used.
set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to "-I /boot/common/share/aclocal" or copy the
pkg.m4 to one of your aclocal's default search paths.

If this is a default haiku-install, i.e. every user using this OS will
have the problem, feel free to add it to the autogen.sh script

ciao
Christian