[Libreoffice] rtl::O[U]StringBuffer now has a "remove" method

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Jul 1 08:53:27 PDT 2011

On Thursday 30 of June 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 13:46 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > O[U]StringBuffer don't have any other range
> > function, but O[U]String uses start+len for such cases (copy, replaceAt),
> > so this seems inconsistent.
>
> hmm, yeah, that's true. java doesn't have a replaceAt sort of thing, nor
> a "copy" method, though its ctors have a startindex +  length option
> while it has a "substring" which does take [startindex, endindex)
>
> Do we have a preference ?, I'm easy either way.

 Since nobody seems to have a preference, I'd like to point out that also
std::string uses start+len (even though there one could expect start,end to
match the iterator variants) and Qt uses start+len. IMO we should not try to
be consistent with Java just because the idea for the class comes from Java.

 Ok to push the attached patch? Also, am I correct that you haven't used these
anywhere yet?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz