[Libreoffice] rtl::O[U]StringBuffer now has a "remove" method

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Jul 2 06:58:55 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 17:53 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 30 of June 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > Do we have a preference ?, I'm easy either way.
>
>  Since nobody seems to have a preference, I'd like to point out that also
> std::string uses start+len (even though there one could expect start,end to
> match the iterator variants) and Qt uses start+len. IMO we should not try to
> be consistent with Java just because the idea for the class comes from Java.

Yeah, given that the other additional methods that were added take
length arguments, its best to use lengths throughouts.

>  Ok to push the attached patch?

No objection, fine by me.

> Also, am I correct that you haven't used these anywhere yet?

Emm, I used them *somewhere*, but IIRC they were are removes from start
index 0, so equivalent. I'll dig them out and fix them if necessary
afterwards.

C.