[Libreoffice] minutes of tech steering call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:08:46 PDT 2011

>> (I would also suggest release on Thursday so that feedback from
>> the second week-end have a chance to be fixed before the next release)
>
> Marketing wise, release on Thursday is risky, because one day later (what
> happens) makes it Friday..

The important release, marketing wise, is the Final one. The final one
is typically a RC that has not seen any serious problem. so, the
rational to delay release to Thursday (allow time for week-end bug to
be fixed) must be moot for that last cycle. The decision to promote a
RC to Final can therefore still be done on Monday and the release
still be on Wednesday...

Norbert