[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Better support for distro packaging

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Jul 8 07:00:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

are you fine with adding the attached changes into master and
libreoffice-3-4 branch?

These changes help me to create SUSE packages. Most of the stuff comes
from the build repo and should be useful for other packagers as well.

The changes should be pretty safe. Most scripts are called only with the
new target "make distro-pack-install". In addition, it adds few more
configure switches and environment variables. See the commit messages
for more details.

Note that I did not migrated all features from the build repo. I wanted
to do some clean up during this more, ... We could add them later is
really needed.

I tested it only with vendor "Novell, inc." I am sure that there will be
problems with other vendors. IMHO, it should not cause harm because it
affects only few interested package maintainers. They should be able to
fix problems and send patches.

Best Regards,
Petr