[Libreoffice] [REVIEW 3-4] [PUSHED 3-4] Update mdds to 0.5.3

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jul 19 02:13:30 PDT 2011

Hi Kohei,

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 16:57 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Just to tone down this statistics a bit.  The vast majority of changes
> are in fact code relocations with no changes e.g. the change in
> rectangle_set is purely moving code from one file to another.

	:-) Any chance of a real-changes diff for review ?

> With that, the real change that directly affects LibreOffice code is
> much much smaller than "a couple of thousands of LOC" that you say.

	Good - so it sounds much more do-able.

> I'm just mentioning this so that we can make a decision based on more
> meaning analysis than simply running stats on all changes when in fact
> not all changes are relevant to our code base.

	Of course, of course :-) It is good to dig into exactly what changed,
and of course it'd be nice to ship this. If you can generate the real
diff, (after all we've had 2 reviews already), and it is small enough,
I'm happy.

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 22:28 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> I understand your concerns but in my opinion the current situation is
> even worse. I think we will call 3.4.2 ready for enterprise use but
> calc is limited to simple documents because complex documents need
> some minutes to load and most people won't expect that.

	Well, this is one of the joys of a time-based release. If the bug was
-that- startling, unexpected, urgent etc. surely we wouldn't have either
introduced it, or discovered it only three months into the 3.4.x series
- right ? [ and then just between RC1 and final ] ;-)

	Having said that - I'm not a pure PITA if there is an accurate and
complete patch of what actually changed here to review - then we can
review it - but I'm not a fan of approving big, confused, un-quantified
changes at the very last minute, and then shipping them for a month to
all our users, without widespread testing first.

	I look forward to reading the actual change; and I'd like to know more
of the history of this issue really, how it came to light so late etc.

	ATB,

		Michale.