[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Fix wrapping around objects in headers (fdo#39155)

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Jul 19 06:40:11 PDT 2011

Hi Lubos, all,

On 2011-07-19 at 13:49 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  could I get reviews for the attached patch for 3-4 and 3-4-2 too, if
> possible? It is actually just removing checking for header in the
> bWrapAllowed expression. This is fdo#39155 and I do not see a reason for the
> check there anyway, the change applied only makes text in a header wrap
> around objects in the header (and not in the main text), so I see no
> regression in the behavior.

I have reviewed it, and it turns out that the behavior we have in
LibreOffice 3.4 is what one can see in the MS Office too.  I mean, in
LibreOffice, we have an additional feature that we can wrap around
pictures in headers, but it got disabled sometime between 3.2 and 3.3.

To fix this, we need to find a good balance between the feature, and
interoperability - which needs a bit more thought than a quick fix for
3.4.2.  Additionally, the 3.4 behavior has already been in 3.3, and as
such, it is not a regression against the last stable release.

Based on the above, I removed this bug from the 3.4 Most Annoying bugs,
and we should fix it in master for 3.5.0 so that it gets more testing,
and more feedback.

Regards,
Kendy