[Libreoffice] Preparing announcement of the 3.4.2 release

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jul 26 04:59:43 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 13:18 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> But obviously not enough. The bug that made MS-Office flag LO-produced
> files as corrupt for example is one of those bugs that prevent use in

	Sure sure - the real hope is that (once we are clean with it - still
work to do there) - we can use Microsoft's new binary document format
validator to automatically regression test this. Sadly the thing is not
open-source, so we can't easily use it except on Windows, but ... hey.

> Forget about the term. Think of it as "would have been the version
> released in OOo times with the known bugs".

	:-) that is hard to judge; people's memory gets rosier and rosier with
the passage of time, there were some pretty hideous bugs we shipped with
I think.

> And now to the decision: How should the release be flagged on the download-page?
> * yellow exclamation mark/warning as it is now.
> http://www.libreoffice.org/themes/libo/images/warning.png

	So - not that :-)

> * blue info / i icon
> http://www.libreoffice.org/themes/libo/images/information.png

	Looks great to me. I suggest we also put it at the top of the page as
well.

> * green tick/OK icon like 3.3.3
> http://www.libreoffice.org/themes/libo/images/tick.png

	:-) we can keep green for the ultra-stable release I guess.

	How does that sound ? :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.