[Libreoffice] FYI: Latest Oracle move wrt to OpenOffice.org

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:44:08 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM, BRM <bm_witness at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just saying, there's more than one way to skin the cat (as the old saying goes),
> and there are multiple reason for choosing difference licensing methods,
> many of which are very valid reasons - not all of which lead to GPL/LGPL.

To be clear I'm not saying that IBM reason for acting the way they are
is not 'valid'.
I'm saying that this is not 'valid' for me and _my_ reasons to
participate, and, I suppose/hope(*), for most people that chose to
participate in LibreOffice.

Norbert

(*) Actually it is a bit more than wishful thinking. There has been
significant evidences of numerous people indicating this (LGPL/no CLA)
was indeed a motivating factor in their decision to join LibreOffice.
and clearly that was also in the mind of the core group that started it too.