[Libreoffice] FYI: Latest Oracle move wrt to OpenOffice.org

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Wed Jun 1 17:46:43 PDT 2011

I am not going to get into a debate about what is bad, good, and better with regard to different open-source licenses.

It is my desire to give the recipients of my code all of the rights that I have, and have them know that they have those rights, subject to the requirement for attribution.  That's my sense of community.

 I am a Creative Commons Attribution kind of guy.  I am the same way with my code (BSD generally but the Apache 2.0 CLA is all right with me).  It's my lawful right, and I am happy with it.  I'm also satisfied that both modified BSD and Apache 2.0 are considered GPL-compatible by the FSF.

 - Dennis