[Libreoffice] A (new?) bug in LibreOffice 3.4 and a missing feature?

Bernhard Dippold bernhard at familie-dippold.at
Fri Jun 3 05:01:27 PDT 2011

Hi Axel, *

Axel Reimer schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I tried LibreOffice 3.4 for some days (using Ubuntu 11.04) and I
> recognized two things:
>
> 1. The menuicons are set to:
> size: Automatic
> style: Automatic (Tango)
>
> I went to the tools -->  options ->  View" and changed the icon style to
> "Galaxy (Standard)" and clicked ok. Since the icons were to big, when
> set to "automatic" i went back to the menu and set the icon size to
> "small". But the icon size did not change. I set the both back to the
> standard case and clicked ok. Now I went again to the menu and changed
> the icon size and the icon style at once and clicked ok. Now it worked.
> This behaviour is reproducable.

I can confirm this behavior: Please file a bug report, if there isn't
one already available.

It would be great, if you could code a bit and find out where in the
code the wrong order commands (at least I think this should be the
reason for it) cause this behavior.

As this is the developer list, where direct action on the code is
discussed, you would get any help you need if you were interested in
such action.

Otherwise the discuss or user list could be a better place for similar
questions in future - or a new bug report (if the search in bugzilla
doesn't reveal an existing one you can comment on) as direct approach to
the testers and developers working on this field.

> 2. There is mentioned a unity integration in the release notes of 3.4.
> But the menus do not integrate in the global menu and I cannot find an
> option in LibreOffice to do so. Is this feature really integrated?
> see also: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.4#GUI

I can't test this, as I didn't run dpkg on the .deb files in the desktop
integration folder on my parallel installation of LibO 3.4.0RC2

Here a posting to discuss at documentfoundation.org (or
users at libreoffice.org) might lead to more replies...

Best regards

Bernhard