[Libreoffice] Trouble building the redland module on mac

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:25:02 PDT 2011

Hey,

I've been attempting to get LibreOffice master built on my Mac running 10.6.
Per the instructions on the wiki, I installed XCode with the 10.4 SDK option
and the various ports mentioned here
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Install_Mac_OS_10.6.4_Dependencies(I
used macports instead of manual installation but I got the impression
that's ok).

I've been stuck with a problem building the redland module though. It seems
to want to compile something called 'raptor' using a system version of
libxml, and is getting stuck:

checking for libxml/parser.h... no
checking for libxml/hash.h... no
checking for libxml/SAX2.h... no
checking if libxml xmlEntity has name_length field... no
checking if libxml xmlEntity has etype field... no
checking if libxml xmlSAXHandler has initialized field... no
checking if libxml xmlSAXHandler has externalSubset field... no
checking for xmlSAX2InternalSubset... no
checking for xmlCtxtUseOptions... no
checking if libxml has parser option XML_PARSE_NONET... no
checking libxml/HTMLparser.h usability... no
checking libxml/HTMLparser.h presence... no
checking for libxml/HTMLparser.h... no
checking if libxml has parser option HTML_PARSE_NONET... no
checking for xsltSaveResultToString... yes
checking for system libxslt library... yes - version 1.1.24
checking for xsltInit... no
checking libxslt/xslt.h usability... yes
checking libxslt/xslt.h presence... yes
checking for libxslt/xslt.h... yes
checking XML parser to use... configure: error: No XML parser available -
please install expat or libxml
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../
unxmacxi.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_raptor'

I most definitely do have libxml2 installed on my system though (both one
installed by xcode and one by macports) and this was picked up by the
top-level configure. Here's what my top level set_soenv looks like:

ToFile( "LIBXML_CFLAGS",     "-I/opt/local/include/libxml2",    "e" );
ToFile( "LIBXML_LIBS",       "-L/opt/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -liconv
-lm",      "e" );

 Any ideas on what the problem could be here? I did notice that
redland/raptor/makefile.mk defines the configure flags to be:

CONFIGURE_FLAGS=--disable-static --disable-gtk-doc --with-openssl-digests
--with-xml-parser=libxml --enable-parsers="rdfxml ntriples turtle trig guess
rss-tag-soup" --without-bdb --without-sqlite --without-mysql
--without-postgresql --without-threestore       --with-regex-library=posix
--with-decimal=none --with-www=xml --build=i586-pc-mingw32
--host=i586-pc-mingw32 lt_cv_cc_dll_switch="-shared" CC="$(raptor_CC)"
CPPFLAGS="-nostdinc $(INCLUDE)" LDFLAGS="-no-undefined
-Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc-v2,--export-all-symbols  -L$(ILIB:s/;/
-L/)" LIBS="$(raptor_LIBS)" OBJDUMP="$(WRAPCMD) objdump"
LIBXML2LIB=$(LIBXML2LIB) XSLTLIB="$(XSLTLIB)"

Do we need to somehow change this to include LIBXML_CFLAGS and LIBXML_LIBS?
Just changing CPPFLAGS to "-nostdinc $(INCLUDE) $(LIBXML_CFLAGS)"
unfortunately didn't seem to help. Any advice on how to tackle this
appreciated.

--
William Lachance
wrlach at gmail.com