[Libreoffice] Trouble building the redland module on mac

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:11:18 PDT 2011

Hi again Christian,

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Christian Lohmaier <
lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Can't we somehow make the redland smart enough to use the version of
> libxml
> > configure found at top-level? That seems to me to be the root cause of
> the
> > problem.
>
> Yes, but that's also missing one step, as LO is compiled against the
> 10.4uSDK to enforce compatibility with Mac OS X Tiger.
> Thus it is important that the build uses the Mac-provided libraries to
> begin with. As Tor just mentioned there have been a couple of fixes
> regarding this just today (the 3.4 branch is not that much affected as
> the master branch)
>
> So while not the "root" cause, it is an important aspect of the problem.

Ok, I just pulled from master, which I notice includes a fix for the issue
you and Tor mentioned.

My MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh now contains:

SYSTEM_LIBXML="YES"
LIBXML_CFLAGS="-I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/libxml2"
LIBXML_LIBS="-lxml2 -lz -lpthread -liconv -lm"

So we've solved one problem at least. Redland still isn't picking up the
LIBXML_CFLAGS though-- I'm beginning to think that maybe the problem is the
fact that we're trying to set environment variables (CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, etc.)
in CONFIGURE_FLAGS in raptor's makefile.mk...

CONFIGURE_FLAGS=--disable-static --disable-gtk-doc --with-openssl-digests
--with-xml-parser=libxml --enable-parsers="rdfxml ntriples turtle trig guess
rss-tag-soup" --without-bdb --without-sqlite --without-mysql
--without-postgresql --without-threestore       --with-regex-library=posix
--with-decimal=none --with-www=xml --build=i586-pc-mingw32
--host=i586-pc-mingw32 lt_cv_cc_dll_switch="-shared" CC="$(raptor_CC)"
CPPFLAGS="-nostdinc $(INCLUDE)" LDFLAGS="-no-undefined
-Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc-v2,--export-all-symbols  -L$(ILIB:s/;/
-L/)" LIBS="$(raptor_LIBS)" OBJDUMP="$(WRAPCMD) objdump"
LIBXML2LIB=$(LIBXML2LIB) XSLTLIB="$(XSLTLIB)"

... as manually setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS and then running configure inside
raptor's build directory with the above options seems to make the problem go
away.

--
William Lachance
wrlach at gmail.com