[Libreoffice] Trouble building the redland module on mac

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 4 07:47:17 PDT 2011

Hi William, *,

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 4:01 PM, William Lachance <wrlach at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Christian Lohmaier
> <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-extern/commit/?id=4a97a447960d97441d2e151f8ed10ccc4a1b8431
>
> Unfortunately this didn't quite fix the problem for me, as there still seems
> to be other places in raptor's configure file which try to get libxml's
> include/library path from 'xml2-config'.

yes, it is called in different places, but that's the only place where
its return value is acually reused.

How did you check that it doesn't work for you? if you just pull, it
is not enough, as the additional patch will not be applied, as the
build thinks it already did pass that step. rm -rf unxmac* in redland,
then try again please.

> Since the 10.4 SDK actually
> contains its own copy of xml2-config (in
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/bin), how about we just add it to the
> environment path when building?

This is not included in all versions of the SDK, and even if it was,
that version doesn't report the SDK path, but just the /usr/lib/libxml
one just as the system-wide installed version. So there's nothing to
gain here.

And while both xslt-config and xml2-config have a prefix parameter
that could be used, it is worthless as  xslt-config call's xml2-config
without passing down the prefix parameter.

> Something like the attached, maybe? It seems to fix the issue for me

I doubt it rather than this chance fixing the problem, now in your
rebuid my change is actually applied I guess.

I don't have any /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/bin at all on PPC
here, so your patch shouldn't make any difference at all. (see above
according to Tor both xml2-config , no matter whether in the SDK or in
the system report the same values, the SDK version doesn't prepend the
SDK's path - so your patch cannot really have solved the problem.

So please double-check whether my change really didn't solve the
problem for you.

ciao
Christian