[Libreoffice] KCachegrind

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:03:32 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

Now, I think I have a very little knowledge of how things work in KCachegrind.
And I started to doubt if it is possible to do what I thought should
be done. (maybe everything is possible but it may be too complicated)
I thought to hide a library we must:
- all it's functions mark as hidden (and set their cost to 0 or
something like that)
- add their cost to callers
But I think there are no special statistics from which function is
every part of the cost, so it's not possible to add cost to the
callers because we don't know how much for each caller.
I think in the beginning when the callgrind data are loaded it could
be possible.
But then there is no way to hide function, except loading data again
with keeping in mind some functions are hidden and that could be hard
to achieve. Or not. I'm waiting for your opinion.

It is pretty possible that I am wrong but if not I'd rather let it be
because still you can view inclusive cost of each function and ignore
some libraries.
(I know it's not the same)

Hope my mail (and thoughts) is understandable.

Matus