[Libreoffice] Building libgsf on Mac absolutely necessary ?

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 03:08:42 PDT 2011

Le 05/06/11 10:50, Hanno Meyer-Thurow a écrit :

Hi Hanno,

> Old versions of librsvg required libgsf for svgz files.
> Newer versions default to Glib/GIO for zipped svg files.
> Glib and librsvg are new enough in the LO repository.
>
> So, it is quite strange to depend on libgsf at all but if
> GIO fails to build on some architectures.
>
> Luckily we can build against system librsvg without libgsf. :-)

I don't have librsvg natively on MacOSX, and I already have gio, so I
don't understand why it isn't being recognised instead of requiring
libgsf, unless it is a compiler linking problem ??

I could install librsvg via MacPorts (not a problem as such). However,
that does tend to negate Christian's motto of keeping ports installation
involvement out of, or to a minimum, for MacOS LibO development.

Alex