[Libreoffice] Building libgsf on Mac absolutely necessary ?

Hanno Meyer-Thurow h.mth at web.de
Sun Jun 5 04:00:26 PDT 2011

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:08:42 +0200
Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have librsvg natively on MacOSX, and I already have gio, so I
> don't understand why it isn't being recognised instead of requiring
> libgsf, unless it is a compiler linking problem ??

So, if there is GIO for linux, windows, mac, etc. from internal Glib one
may patch libgsf out of libreoffice since it is simply not needed. That
is where I am aiming at.

And your error disappears for good.

> I could install librsvg via MacPorts (not a problem as such). However,
> that does tend to negate Christian's motto of keeping ports installation
> involvement out of, or to a minimum, for MacOS LibO development.

Sure, see above.

You could try to remove 'libgsf' from

	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-extern-sys/tree/librsvg/prj/build.lst

and see if you can load svgz files. May be in other prj/build.lst as well.

Hanno