[Libreoffice] [tdf-discuss] Re: Proposal to join Apache OpenOffice

Jim Jagielski jim at jaguNET.com
Sun Jun 5 09:14:23 PDT 2011

On Jun 5, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

>> Sorry, but you *based* your conclusion of the inevitability of there being
>> 2 projects on the *ideology* of copyleft vs non-copyleft.
>
> I did that because the diversity of the world of FOSS is a clearly observable fact. You observe a different world around you?  I don't want to argue about it precisely because it's so obvious :-)

It is, agreed. Maybe I am just somewhat of an optimist
that I believe even pure idealogical stakeholders can find
common ground and that nothing is "inevitable".

> So back to the constructive point: what are the best, most uniting proposals we can come up with for ASF and LibreOffice to co-operate?

Agreed again, and glad to see everyone discussing and negotiating
these proposals... and others!

Cheers!