[Libreoffice] Trouble building the redland module on mac

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue Jun 7 14:24:10 PDT 2011

William Lachance wrote:
> Christian suggested modifying the configure script not to use
> xml2-config/xslt-config at all. Here's a patch which does exactly that. I'm
> not exactly thrilled by the size/complexity of this patch for what it does,
> but at the same time it does seem a bit crazy for LO not to build just
> because libxml is installed in MacPorts (which is not uncommon: it's a
> dependency of ImageMagick for instance).

Quick feedback - breaks here, with

[...]
configure: WARNING: libxslt library found but not headers -
disabling
checking XML parser to use... configure: error: No XML parser
available - please install expat or libxml
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmacxi.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_raptor'

config.log excerpt:

[...]
configure:23646: ccache /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -o conftest -g -O2 -I/Users/thb/source/libo-master/solver/350/unxmacxi.pro/inc/external -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -L/Users/thb/source/libo-master/solver/350/unxmacxi.pro/lib -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk conftest.c  -lm -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/libxml2 >&5
ld: warning: directory '/Users/thb/source/libo-master/solver/350/unxmacxi.pro/lib' following -L not found
Undefined symbols:
  "_xmlCreatePushParserCtxt", referenced from:
      _main in ccSEOfts.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

Some LIBXML_LIBS missing?

Cheers,