[Libreoffice] Doubts on Android cross-compilation

rcsilva83 at gmail.com rcsilva83 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 05:38:36 PDT 2011

Hello, devs!

As some of you might know, Jonathan Aquilina and me are trying to compile
LibO to Android. I'm learning LibO compilation and I'm trying to compile it
following the instructions on README.cross [1]. I'm getting the following
error:

"configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

I'm looked for some autogen.sh docs on its site[2] but there isn't. What
docs do you recomend me to read?

I'm using an Ubuntu 11.04 computer for this compilation and first I tried to
run the autogen.sh without running "apt-get build-dep libreoffice" because I
think it's useless when you're using Android NKD toolchain. After getting
this error, I've run "build-dep" but I'm still with the same error. Is it
necessary to have the build dependencies installed?

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/plain/README.cross
[2] http://buildconf.brlcad.org/

Regards!
--