[Libreoffice] Doubts on Android cross-compilation

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Thu Jun 9 05:59:55 PDT 2011

> I'm getting the following error:
>
> "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

*Where* do you get that error? Already when running the top autogen.sh, with options to indicate a cross-compilation to Android (either as suggested in the README.cross by pre-storing them into an autogen.lastrun file and then running autogen.sh without parameters, or manually passing the same on the command line)? That is not expected, the autogen.sh should run fine.

Or much later, during the actual build? That is not unexpected, nobody is claiming that it would be possible to build LibreOffice even partially successfully for Andoid (or for any kind of cross-compilation) yet. Sooner or later you will run into an error, that needs to be handled, and so on. That is what it means that this is a work in progress and extremely experimental.

> I'm looked for some autogen.sh docs on its site[2] but there isn't. What
> docs do you recomend me to read?

> http://buildconf.brlcad.org/

what on earth is that? This has nothing to do with anything here...

Read generic cross-compilation documentation for Autoconf ?

Try to cross-compile some very simple library for Android first to get a general grip of what is going on.

--tml