[Libreoffice] Doubts on Android cross-compilation

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Thu Jun 9 06:36:14 PDT 2011

>> *Where* do you get that error? Already when running the top autogen.sh
> Yes, that's configure, so.. ;)

But as I am sure you are aware, there are lots of 3rd-party libraries involved, for which configure scripts are also run. (Sure, not when using --with-system-libs; but not all of these libs are avilable as system ones for Android.) So this error can come from some of them, too.

> Well, I doubt completely cross-compiling is not possible anyway
> unless you wrap the commands which check the current system (like in sal)
> to use whatever wrapper emulating the environment/ABI (qemu?)

All such things will have to be found out, one by one, obviously. If you look in the Makefile.in at the cross-build-tools target, that lists those modules that need to be built natively so far, to get build-time tools to be run on the build platform. (Yes, I know that is sub-optimally done currently; work-in-progress you see. And once gbuild has spread more, this can be done simpler anyway.)

> Can one get nfs or some remote fs on a rooted phone/tablet? And/or a
> real big(tm) SD card? Then one could compile on the target hardware,
> can't one?....

Nah, let's not be that pessimistic yet.

--tml