[Libreoffice] Need help on Litmus.

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at novell.com
Wed Jun 15 01:42:29 PDT 2011

Hello Rimas,

I am writing to search for your help about user management on Litmus. The wiki
of Litmus but didn't give me a hint :(

Since there may be more people want to contribute to manage test cases in
Litmus, so I tried to have a look at if the access control works as expected.

First I set up a dummy (yifanj), then I tried a bit to set my dummy (yifanj)
role to 'Litmus Test Run/Test Day Administrators', after that, use yifanj to
login.

The admin links are located correctly on the left hand panel. But when I click
them, the existing testcases, groups, subgroups, branches etc. information are
not 'readable' as empty, thus they cannot be used or edited.

For example, using my dummy:

    - click 'manage testcases',

    - click 'Product' list box,

    => There's nothing inside (there should be a Libreoffice product there)

Another example:

    - click 'manage categories',

    => the 'existing branches' list is also empty

So it could be an obstacle for the case administrator to manage existing
stuff, which is strange. I see your id is in the 'Litmus Test Run/Test Day
Administrators' as well, do you see the same thing? Is it something buggy or I
did wrong?

I appreciate if you can help, thank you :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

--
  Yifan Jiang