[Libreoffice] How to build mysql-connector extension on Mac OSX ?

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 08:34:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm having a frustrating time trying to get configure to recognise my
mysql installation so that I can build the mysql-connector extension.

I am currently using the following switches :

--enable-ext-mysql-connector
--with-libmysql-path="path/to/libmysqlclient.dylib"

I've tried encapsulating with single quotes, even the whole switch,
alternating between single and double quotes - nada.

I thought maybe it was a permissions problem and the normal user
couldn't see the directories, so I tried configuring with sudo - nada.

Despite having 3 different places where the libmysqlclient library is to
be found on my system, configure stubbornly refuses to find the library.
Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong ?

Additionally, the configure script looks for the file "libmysql.dylib"
on Mac OSX, which appears to be the incorrect name for the file. On my
system, all of the mysql client libraries are all called
"libmysqlclient.dylib". I corrected this in my local version of the
configure script, but it doesn't appear to have made the slightest bit
of difference. I can choose any of the 3 locations where the file
exists, and yet configure still baulks :

checking for mysqlc module... OK
checking for mysql pre-requisites... external Connector/C (libmysql)
checking for libmysqlclient.dylib... configure: error: not found. Please
specify proper path in --with-libmysql-path

So how do I specify it ?

TIA, for hints, advice, etc.

Alex