[Libreoffice] How to build mysql-connector extension on Mac OSX ?

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jun 16 01:35:24 PDT 2011

Alexander Thurgood píše v St 15. 06. 2011 v 17:34 +0200:
> Hi,
>

> I'm having a frustrating time trying to get configure to recognise my
> mysql installation so that I can build the mysql-connector extension.
>
> I am currently using the following switches :
>
> --enable-ext-mysql-connector
> --with-libmysql-path="path/to/libmysqlclient.dylib"

What exact path are you using?
Does it help you to remove the trailing /lib?

I think that the "-path" is a bit confusing. It is used the following
way:

--- cut bootstrap/configure.in ---
   LIBMYSQL=libmysql.dylib
[...]
   if test -e "$with_libmysql_path/lib/$LIBMYSQL"; then
            AC_MSG_RESULT([found.])
   else
            AC_MSG_ERROR([not found. Please specify proper path in --with-libmysql-path.])
--- cut bootstrap/configure.in ---

and

--- cut extensions/mysqlc/source/makefile.mk ---
MYSQL_LIBDIR=$(LIBMYSQL_PATH)$/lib
MYSQL_INCDIR=$(LIBMYSQL_PATH)$/include

--- cut extensions/mysqlc/source/makefile.mk ---

Is it does not help, could you please attach your config.log?

Best Regards,
Petr