[Libreoffice] Dialog box code in libs-gui/log/svtools/source/dialogs

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 02:10:22 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 08:42 +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are strange functions in the tree trying to get information on
> mount points and other low-level system features
> Look in libs-gui/tools/source/fsys/ for GetVolume(), GetDevice() for
> a start.
>
> They are mostly used by some code implementing dialog boxes in
> libs-gui/log/svtools/source/dialogs
>
> These dialog boxes themselves seem mostly unused; I've heard there's an
> option to enable them on Windows systems but no such option is present
> in the latest build of -master on my system (Unix).

Well a) there is the options toggle to between the system file/folder
picker and the built-in one. In
tools->options->libreoffice->general->use libreoffice dialogs. These are
implemented in fpicker

b) These additional PathDialog and FileDialog things that use the
offending GetVolume etc seem to be older file/path dialogs that should
be replaced with the more standard ones if possible. Either directly as
done for selecting a folder in cui/source/options/optjava.cxx in
AddPathHdl_Impl of via the helper in sfx2/inc/filedlghelper.cxx. I see a
side-by-side example of conversion still remains in
dbaccess/source/ext/adabas/AdabasNewDb.cxx

I only see PathDialog used in cui/source/dialogs, uui/source and in some
basic/ code, "FileDialog" looks only used in workben code and once in
basic/. I don't know what the route actually is to launch those, would
be great to figure that out to make sure the conversion to the new ones
works.

C.