[Libreoffice] Building libgsf on Mac absolutely necessary ?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:44:39 PDT 2011

Hi Alexander, *,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 17/06/11 13:51, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
>
>> That's another case of "poisoned" environment. You got stuff from
>> macports/fink/... installed that causes this.
>>
>> In a "clean" environment, i.e. stuff from XCode and nothing else
>> unless you manually compiled, you would get
>
> It is a bit of a pain to require a squeaky clean "no ports allowed"

It is not a requirement to have no ports installed. But the build only
works if none of that stuff gets pulled into the build.

> environment just to build LibO, especially when I am trying to work on
> other stuff for which ports is useful, and doesn't further the case for
> others wanting to build, develop, debug, "do their own thing" with
> LibreOffice on OSX.

Then provide patches to make sure that the "dirty" stuff from
macports/fink/... doesn't get pulled in.

If you followed the lists in the last weeks, you'll see that this is
what has been done. Prevent the impact of the external stuff by
changing the configure of the external modules.

ciao
Christian