[Libreoffice] Hackfest - September 9th, Ohio Linux Fest

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Fri Jun 17 19:58:30 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 14:31 -0700, John LeMoyne Castle wrote:
> Drew,
> I appreciate your position and your moderate, thoughtful questions and
> attracted to Apache and their OO project, but I finally balked on the
> proposal so clearly NOT written by a community or its representatives.
> My late and non-binding vote --
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg29462.html

Hi John,

Honestly I was optimistic also but...

I'm rather sorry about the whole 'punish me' line in my earlier email -
but a couple of days after I put my name on the ASF wiki someone in
India went to my facebook wall and started a survey titled 'Drew should
be kiled' yes/no. I blew it off with a joke response and FB was kind
enough to remove the survey entry - followed by a few emails over the
next couple of days with suggestions ranging from taking a long walk of
a short pier to one request to perform an act which quite frankly I
don't think is physically possible. Anyway, I should not of let the
fringe element color my interaction here.

> Back to the subject of this thread,

+1

> I am interested in participating in a
> HackFest and maybe even more interested if it has a QA focus. Distributed
> devlopment is tough, distributed QA needs definition and a lot of eyes on
> it.  Sadly, I do not see a way to attend.  From the mountain west, Ohio is
> only one order of magnitude closer than Europe and my car croaked last year.
>
> Please let me know of any virtual attendance or way to work in parallel that
> you devise.

Thanks for the offer and I'll do my best to find a way to take you up on it - shouldn't be all that hard to devise, if nothing else just knowing that there would be people hanging out on IRC at the right time would help I think.

> A distributed hackfest may pique more interest by the later LFs as well.

Best wishes,

Drew