[Libreoffice] [GSoC][performance] report - week #4

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jun 20 07:02:52 PDT 2011

Hi Matus,

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 23:30 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> I've started adding prefixes for components, so we can then merge libraries.
> Just in already gnumake-ified modules.

	Nice :-)

> First was toolkit. There is just one component and it seems to be
> working. I have tested that component.

	Great.

> Then some components in configmgr, vcl, comphelper, sfx2, framework,
> svtools, svl. It's not straightforward always. For example in sfx2
> there were also component_ methods in workben directory.
> I've ignored them. What's in workben directories?

	workben/ directories are random bits of test code that might be useful
someday, and/or are used by developers in the know to test things; we're
trying to deprecated them in favour of always-run, at-compile, in-tree
unit tests.

> Now I'm playing with makefiles and next week I want to merge
> some libraries.

	Heh - hopefully we can identify which libraries to merge there; then I
guess we will need to come up with a strategy for doing that cleanly -
particularly each dependent library & binary will need re-linking and
their Makefile's updating to reflect that I suppose.

	So - we should do it with a couple of libraries first, and only after
some consensus is reached on how to do that - you're researching which
ones are best to merge now I think ? :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.