[Libreoffice] Gettext patch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jun 21 03:41:30 PDT 2011

Hi Andras,

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 11:43 +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
> +    OSL_TRACE( "bindtextdomain(): %s -> %s\n", pPrefixName, p );
> +    textdomain( pPrefixName );

	Instead of calling textdomain - since (I suspect) we can probably call
lots of these resource mgrs in quick succession - eg. initializing an
sw/ widget derived from sfx2/ from vcl/ - I suggest we drop the
textdomain() call - and store a const char *pDomain; that is a UTF8 copy
of aPrefix (on InternalResMgr if I see right).

	Then we should prolly use:
> +        char *p = gettext(rtl::OUStringToOString(aRet,
> RTL_TEXTENCODING_UTF8).getStr());

	char *p = dgettext (pImpRes->pDomain, ...)

	which hopefully does what we want :-) Otherwise - this looks rather
sexy. I wonder if we want to introduce gettext as an internal /
self-built & packaged dependency on Windows - or whether this is a
linux-only / translators-only feature ?

	Clearly we want to special case it only for the case that there is no
native translation.

	As for .xcd file processing, I guess that happens in filter/ somewhere,
and the config files in configmgr/

	Quite possibly we want some sal/ abstraction for the gettext stuff,
such that we can do the linking changes in one place, once rather than
linking gettext with its hooks into everywhere :-) (?)

	Anyhow - nice work !

		Michael.