[Libreoffice] Gettext patch

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 03:36:40 PDT 2011

2011/6/21 Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>:
> On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 11:43 +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
>> +    setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
>
> Is there a way to tell gettext what language you want, without tweaking
> setlocale ?

AFAIK LANGUAGE environment variable can be used, and can be selected
according to the language selected by the user in Tools - Options -
Language Settings - Languages - Language of User interface. I tested
it that way:
$ export LANGUAGE=hu ./soffice.bin
and locale settings (LANG was set to en_US.utf8) remained unchanged at
Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages - Language of Locale
settings.

Andras