[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #4

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:15:37 PDT 2011

Hi all,
first off, sorry for the late report but I was very busy in
completing some new feature. I hope they worth the long wait.
So, what's new ?

== 1 ==
Extended presentation navigability: now you have several way
to switch forward and backward from a slide. Moreover by pressing
down the Home and the End keys you will be able to jump to the
first and to the last slide, respectively.
Support for mouse wheel is working too.

== 2 ==
A good advance has been done in supporting master slide
placeholders, such as date/time, footer and page number text fields.
Now, the visibility and the text content of a placeholder is
exported on a per slide basis. So, for instance, you will be able
to set up the page number of the first slide hidden, or a custom
footer for a given slide, and you will found all them exported
correctly. Other features that works correctly in the exported svg
presentation are the visibility of the master slide background and
of all master slide shapes (the so named slide background objects).

At present, all that is working with the following browser:
- Firefox 3.6.x
- Firefox 4.0.x
- Internet Explorer 9.0

I attached a patch set based on the libreoffice-3-4-0 tag that
includes all enhancements I implemented until now.

Moreover you can download a sample svg presentation at:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BwS_9-CU4098ZDM1MDExZTktOGJkNi00NzMyLTgyYjUtNTIxNjZmOTQxNDM2&hl=en_US

Cheers,
    Marco