[Libreoffice] What to do with Hebrew related bug reports (Offensive Word Found In Message) against oo.org

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:17:58 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist at novell.com> wrote:
>>  In front of it insert "HE:" if Hebrew related
>
> Or "RTL:" if RTL-related in general?
>
> If many of the bugs are just different symptoms for an underlying general lack of RTL-awareness, it probably is not worth it to file individual bugs for each place in the GUI where this problem shows up? The way to fix that would be to have some RTL knowledgeable developer go through the GUI and fix them all at once, anyway, I think?
>
> Or is the GUI in general nicely RTL-aware, with just occasional details here and there wrong? In that case individual bugs would be fine, I think.

For RTL GUI issues, it is important to involve people from other RTL
scripts, such as Arabic and Farsi.
Therefore, when trying to get attention for the RTL GUI issues,
mention the affected scripts by name.
This should help in getting qualified people with the programming
skills to get involved and help fix the issues.

Simos