[Libreoffice] minutes of tech steering call ...

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Thu Jun 23 23:43:34 PDT 2011

Hi Pedro,

plino wrote (24-06-11 02:03)
> Cor Nouws wrote:
>>
>> Plus - especially with the unfortunate experience from 3.4.0, and to do
>> something good for users, testers, marketing etc - IMO it is better that
>> in the end we have three weeks extra, than that we lack three days.
>> So I would really love to be on the save side ..
>>

> Thank you Cor for listening to the users instead of the "mighty schedule"

Well,  thanks for the complement .. :-)
But of course  ... I don't think that it is the intention of  the
"mighty schedule" to hurt anyone or let alone the project :-) - we are
all learning how this should work best for us. And that definitely will
change over the months, years...

> BTW since only Betas can be installed in parallel with the stable build
> under Windows and that was not added to the 3.4.x branch (at least from my
> understanding) I guess Windows Beta testers will have to wait for 3.5.x,
> right?

Well, I don't see any betas coming for the 3.4.x branch, so whether is
has been added or not, does not make sense.
I only can point to my favourite page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

I hope that helps people to run more versions (early versions) on
Windows too, so that it give them the opportunity to give feed back in
an early stage.
(Personal note: I really appreciate that I have not (or only seldom) to
work with Windows any more. Public drawback: I cannot do serious testing
there and already find it hard to understand, to follow the items going
on Windows.)

Cheers,

--
  - Cor